• Superheroes/Comics

Posted by frankie-p on March 14, 2019 at 12:00 pm

Although this really has nothing to do with FA, I know for a fact there are some fellow comic book nerds and superhero fans. Which comic or superhero is your favorite and why? Tell me yours and I’ll tell you mine!

ersley-johnson replied 5 years ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • sam-vannest

March 18, 2019 at 2:25 pm

It’s probably a popular opinion but I’m fascinated by the Joker in The Dark Knight movie because his origin story, something that all superheroes/villains have, is always changing, always in flux. This, I think, is why the character is such a great foil to Batman. We all are familiar with Batman’s origin, but the Joker’s is unclear. “You wanna know how I got these scars?” he asks, always with a different story.

This lack of an origin story is something that I struggled with for years. With FA being so rare and unknown I often had (and sometimes still do) a shifting origin story depending on who is asking. “Why do you use a wheelchair?” they ask, and how obligated am I to give an honest answer?

• matt-lafleur

March 18, 2019 at 2:26 pm

What a perfect answer. Van Nest for president!

• ersley-johnson

March 19, 2019 at 3:06 pm

Mine would have to be “Dr. Manhattan” from the DC comic book series “The Watchmen.”
    His origin is terrifying as he was disintegrated in an Intrinsic Field Generator and by
    sheer strength of will he later reconstructs his body, returning with extremely powerful
    abilities. He was given the name Dr. Manhattan by the US Government after the Manhattan Project.