Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Not sure if this is an FA problem or just a me problem. As someone who mostly uses a walker and sometimes a wheelchair, it is unlikely for me to get acrylic nails. I love the way they look but they get in the way of my grip and they always get damaged whenever I use a wheelchair.

for the past couple of years, I have been keeping them natural and it seems to work but I’ve also been experiencing a lot more hangnails. Does anyone else experience this  problem? Do you find that you have to get manicures or some kind of maintenance on your nails regularly?

Becky cook
      Participant

Yes unfortunately I understand exactly what you mean, for some reason ataxia doesn’t like anything special you do look special it doesn’t like nails being done at all so about eight years ago I had to stop my nails looking fantastic and I just keep at natural because it hurts so much when you catch them and it gets worse when you are fully in a wheelchair don’t even get me started on wearing a watch!! Ataxia hates them a the amount of faces I’ve smashed is a joke. Hate the way it’s dictating everything can and can’t do so annoying that others don’t understand.

Katherine
      Participant

Acrylic nails?  whoevenhastimeforthat.gif

My partner makes fun of me for having “sixty million nail clippers lying around everywhere,” which is a slight exaggeration, I just want to have a pair within reach as often as possible, so that I can deal with hangnails right away.  They’re annoying!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account