Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA What are you most thankful for?

• What are you most thankful for?

Posted by Christina Cordaro on November 27, 2019 at 10:00 am

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and it’s a time to be surrounded by your loved ones and give thanks for all the positive things and people in our lives.

I am most thankful for my amazing support system of my family, friends and coworkers. They help me get through each and everyday both mentally and physically. Without them, I wouldn’t be able to still live a full and independent life despite living with a disability.

Who or what are you most thankful for?

Christina Cordaro replied 4 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    November 27, 2019 at 8:00 pm

I’m thankful for life even though there’s high and lows I thank God for life itself. Also because I have hope in Christ Jesus who died for my sons and rose again on the third day defeating death!

• Christina Cordaro

November 27, 2019 at 8:42 pm

@jesus I agree with you 100%!

• Frankie Perazzola

November 27, 2019 at 8:01 pm

Family and friends the most.

• Karina Jeronimides

December 26, 2019 at 11:24 pm

I am thankful for:

Alexa, who turns on my lights and tells me the weather, when I can barely get my eyes open in the morning;
    the super-poles, without which transfers would not be possible safely and on my own;
    the myrbetric drug, that allows me to not have to use the bathroom every 20 minutes;
    my adjustable bed, which I can use as both a bed and a desk;
    my insurance that pays for my aides and motorized wheelchair;
    my job that gives me a reason to get up in the mornings;
    my cat that will give me a cuddle even when my 2 teenage daughters act like their dad/my ex-husband;
    the monthly glass of wine when shit hits the fan, the CBD oil from Charlotte’s web [ when i can’t sleep];
    the epidural injections, from my pain doctor, that make my spasms bearable while improving my voice…
    and the aides and PTs and STs and that one OT who showed my a trick to get out of bed…
    and the occasional friend [I have only a handful who are ver busy but are really excellent people] or an extended family member [I don’t have many at all] that will add cheer to my day.

• Christina Cordaro

January 1, 2020 at 9:34 pm

@karina I love this!