Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA Use Failure to Push Yourself Farther

• Clester

August 13, 2019 at 1:28 pm

I used to teach martial arts. I used to tell students)(from my own experience) that everyone goes through ups and downs, some find certain things, easier than others and vice versa. Just like school…. Elementary you start at the bottom and hit 6th grade and you are at the top, then middle school, high school, college, work/jobs etc. These ups and downs is a part of life for everyone and you have to push yourself on through in order for the “rewards” .
    The reason most people don’t stick to any exercise etc plan is laziness and lack of discipline and is why very few will ever come close to experience half what I’ve done in my life.
    I not to brag but to inspire others I Owned a martial arts school, pilot and owned a couple of small planes, started a boy scout troop, worked on everything from steam engines to the space shuttle, built my own computers, put together and owned a small machine shop for over 20 years to include computer controlled machines, boats – including one on lake earie(which is quite challenging to say the least for those who don’t know) , anything to do with farming including training and hooking a team of 8 horses to a wagon,rewired houses, plumbed houses, designed and built a backhoe out of an old garden tractor, designed and built a small car from scratch that gets over 50mpg, restored an old El amino car with a 600 horse power engine,completely reworked an old camper and made it wheelchair accessible, etc, etc, etc.

• Clester

August 13, 2019 at 1:51 pm

When I was young people would tell me why are you wasting your time, or you’ll never be able to do that, etc. I used that as inspiration just to prove them wrong and I did.
    Have to do it because you want it. And I mean WANT it.
    DO it. Don’t just talk about it. Get off your backside so to speak and do it. You can because you want to.
    Failure is not an option.
    There is no such thing as failure unless you don’t even seriously try.
    You might find ways that don’t work but that isn’t failure, That is experience and it’s the only way to find what works and how things get invented/improved!!!
    That’s a FACT !!!!
    Always has been that way and always will be that way.

• Clester

August 13, 2019 at 5:07 pm

Another point to me achieving what I have!
    DO NOT even begin to try everything on your own. Ask for help. Get help. Find a way no matter what and don’t feel guilty about asking for help, Not even a little guilty. It’s your right and everyone else’s duty to help whether your disabled or not. It’s part of being a part of humanity.
    Whether it be from books, online, friends, family etc. Get what you need to succeed.
    As for the article and so called Dr’s saying things like writing things down for your goals. Psst. NO!! They have no idea, only their opinions. Goals start from inside you and that is the only place they can be built on. You might write down a list if it’s long for things you want to do today so you don’t forget anything but goals NO that has to generate and be fulfilled from within. If you feel the need to write it down then that just means you are not sincere to yourself….a surefire way to self defeat. You don’t need to tell others unless it’s a means to an end.
    Self discipline is a rare commodity in people today. Waaaay too many people saying you can’t or shouldn’t etc. You have to build you. Period. Noone else will !!
    Fear? Why? Afraid of accomplishing something? Why be afraid of that? Fear of failure? Failure doesn’t exist unless you don’t really try or don’t really want it so why fear something that doesn’t exist? Fear of something not going the way you want it to? So what? Try again! Then try again till you get it the way you want it. Just don’t do it the same way each time! From Albert Einstein, Definition of insanity…. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome each time. I took me several tries to get the steering right on the car I built. Didn’t give up till it was right. Took a record(at that airport) attempts to get my pilots liscense(not that I didn’t pass the test but due, to weather, examiner not showing up, plane being available etc.) but I persisted and got my license 99%on the written, 100%+on the flight(the + is due to avoiding a dangerous situation that the examiner said even most experienced pilots would not have avoided and he himself didn’t notice).
    Self discipline…. Effort…. Keys to success in anything. This is for you….. Not the guy down the street, not your mom, sister, brother etc… But you!!