Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA Sneezing and the affects it has

Tagged: ,

• Sneezing and the affects it has

Posted by Frankie Perazzola on February 26, 2019 at 2:14 pm

No matter where I am, what I’m doing or whats in my hands, I know that once I start sneezing- it feels like a supernatural force slaps me to the ground! I have to make sure to be holding onto something or I’ll fall, whatever is in my hands will drop and I always bit my tongue. EVERY TIME!!

Does anyone else experience this? Or anything similar?

Frankie Perazzola replied 5 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 26, 2019 at 5:41 pm

When I sneeze my whole body reacts but the good thing is I can’t walk so I don’t really have to worry about falling down while standing up.

• Frankie Perazzola

March 13, 2019 at 5:18 pm

Haha! Maybe a positive overall! Do you limbs flail everywhere? That’s happened to me whenever I sneeze in a chair.

• Shauna Opseth

March 12, 2019 at 6:31 pm

I lose all balance and have problems biting my tongue as well! I was just wondering if it might have to do with FA so I’m glad to see it’s not just a random problem unique to me. Until a few years ago I thought it was normal and everyone did it. Sneezing while driving is a problem for me too cause I lose all control of the wheel and what I’m doing.

• Frankie Perazzola

March 13, 2019 at 5:19 pm

@shauna-opseth yess! I always have to pull over if I have a sneezing attack.

• Ian Downey

March 15, 2019 at 11:33 am

Mine’s more of a coughing fit I have a problem with, and can’t stop until I sneeze! 😂