• Relationships with parents

Posted by frankie-p on January 15, 2020 at 2:44 pm

When dealing with any type of illness, relationships in your life with loved ones can become different- for good or for worse.

Most of us have family problems that we don’t really discuss because it’s not really anyone’s business. Sometimes though, it’s important to talk about the relationships you do have with others who may be going through the same thing.

For me, I have a great relationship with my mom. She is honestly my best friend and I don’t know what I would do without her. However, it doesn’t mean we don’t have miscommunications and misunderstandings because we often do. It’s difficult explaining my needs, moods and what is going on with me physically, to her.

Honestly, it’s hard to explain those things to anyone. But I think the relationship with parents is a lot different.

What is your relationship like? Do you have troubles with communicating or having them understand certain things?

christina-cordaro replied 4 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • christina-cordaro

January 15, 2020 at 7:47 pm

My relationship with my parents is great too! I know they understand my limits and what is becoming difficult for me. However, I feel some things are hard for them to accept so they can act in “denial” of the reality of my FA progression.