Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA Medical Marijuana Monday: Strain- Sativa

• Medical Marijuana Monday: Strain- Sativa

Posted by frankie-p on February 17, 2020 at 12:13 pm

In previous topics, I have opened up the conversation to one strain of marijuana. Here is some facts about the other strain, sativa.

Article here
    “This belief that indicas, sativas, and hybrids deliver distinct effects is so deeply rooted in mainstream cannabis culture that budtenders typically begin their strain recommendations by asking you which of these three types you prefer.

But if you look at the chemical “ingredients” inside of indicas and sativas—that is, terpenes and cannabinoids (more on that below)—you’ll notice there aren’t clear patterns to explain why one type would be inherently sedating and the other uplifting. We know that indica and sativa cannabis strains can look different and grow differently, but this distinction is primarily useful only to cannabis growers.“

For those of you who are ready smoke, How do you feel about this information about the strain? Do you think it is relevant or something to help you in the medical marijuana world?

As someone who smokes, I always thought there was a difference in how I felt. I still feel very strongly about that, sativa is what I smoke during the day because it doesn’t make me sleepy. Indica makes me sleepy.

pat-gallagher replied 4 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • pat-gallagher

February 20, 2020 at 7:23 am

Every strain is different for everyone. For the most part the known affects are spot on. But can be different person to person.
    Firm believer of sativa during the day. Indica for in the couch situation…