Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

So. I finally went to my general doctor and for the first time in my life, my cholesterol was high. Not by a tremendous amount but enough to tell me that I needed to change some things.

Over the past 2 years, I’ve put on weight. About 20-30 pounds. I workout a lot but my diet has been trash.

Does anyone year deal with high cholesterol? What are some lifestyle attacks that you have?

Jesus Rodriguez
      Participant

Yeah i do also. My diet isn’talmi that bad but I can make it better. I don’t eat any candy or drink soda and I avoid processed foods. Instead of eating lunch I drink green shakes and eat almonds, cashews or peanuts. It’s a pain in the ass because I recently had my a1c checked and it’s 8.4. Three months ago it was 6.1. I have sacrificed not eating peanut butter cups just so my a1c gets higher. SMH

Cheryl
      Participant

Ok I have had high lipids for a very long time. I tried diet and weight loss yet it continued to climb. It’s genetic so if your parents have it, you’ll likely acquire it as well. I was put on Lipitor 20 mg at night and it has dropped my levels to normal. Good luck!!!

Mohammed
      Participant

statin?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.