Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA Getting ready to go out with FA

• Getting ready to go out with FA

Posted by Frankie Perazzola on October 18, 2019 at 7:29 pm

When it comes to going out and getting ready with a disability, it can be tricky and exhausting. Over the years, i have learned some tricks when trying to get ready at home and not be late.

I don’t need help getting dressed yet but I still need to lay out my clothes before. Makeup first and hair last.

What are some tricks of your own that make it easier?

Clester replied 4 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Christina Cordaro

October 19, 2019 at 4:00 pm

When I get ready it usually takes me 2-3 hours! I like to take my time so I dont feel rushed. I like to do my hair first because that takes most energy for me. Then I get dressed and put my makeup on.

• Clester

October 22, 2019 at 7:03 pm

I know I’m a different kind of a guy so I can’t speak for all guys, but I personally don’t like women with makeup(maybe a little lipstick or gloss). I much prefer to see you the way you are. To me it is extremely rare to find a woman that looks better with makeup and way more times than not I think it makes most women less attractive.
    That and I really like to reach over and give her a peck on the cheek, lips, or forehead every so often and a I can do without the taste of the makeup. Lol just my opinion as a guy. Might ask your guy/s how they feel about it. After all, aren’t they the only ones you should be dressing up for(why care what other people think) ? Might save yourselves some stress,time,and money.
    Not intended to offend…. Just my two cents worth.