Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA Feeling like a burden- Borderline personality disorder

• Feeling like a burden- Borderline personality disorder

Posted by frankie-p on September 19, 2019 at 11:09 am

I visit TheMighty.com frequently because I relate to many people on there. It gives me a sense of normalcy knowing I’m not alone when it comes to disability or mental health issues. I have not been diagnosed with BPD but I do relate to many of the posts pertaining to it.

Here is a post I read today and thought I’d share.

“I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder about 5 months ago and I feel like ever since then I have just lost it completely. I had already been diagnosed with several other disorders a few years ago ( bipolar disorderptsddepression and anxiety). When I was diagnosed with each of those, I don’t recall feeling so fucking crazy. It’s like once I got diagnosed with bpd something in my brain switched on and these last 5 months have just been madness. I’ve been so erratic and I had finally just made a friend but I believe because of my intensity of emotions that she has distanced herself almost entirely. I feel so broken and like such a burden that I’m isolating myself. If I stay in the house I can’t say the wrong thing or act irrationally. My husband knows i suffer and he’s my best friend in the world but he doesn’t understand sometimes and I get it. I truly hope my kids grow up with a healthy minds. I hate this so much. I want to go back to my normal level of crazy instead of where I’m at now. I’m sorry for the long post. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read it.”

Does anyone else on this forum deal with diagnosed mental health issues? If yes, what do you do to manage it?

frankie-p replied 4 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.