Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Research, Science, and Trials FA Symposium hosted by UCLA and FARA

• FA Symposium hosted by UCLA and FARA

Posted by frankie-p on February 12, 2020 at 10:09 pm

If you live in Southern California or are willing to travel to Los Angeles, there will be a scientific symposium about FA, the research being done, progress on clinical trials and updates on future trials and treatments.

It’s a great way to put a face to the pharmaceutical companies that handle these clinical trials and possibly the next answer to finding a treatment and cure. It also gives a great opportunity for you have a one on one personal experience with these scientific professionals you normally wouldn’t have access to.

As a patient who has attended many of these in the past, I always learn something new and I enjoy staying up-to-date on all the latest news with in the FA community.

This year, the symposium is on Friday, February 21, 2020 in Irvine, California. Here is the link to the registration and information form.

Have you ever attended a symposium? Would you be interested in attending one near you?

pkonanz replied 4 years ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • christina-cordaro

February 13, 2020 at 10:46 pm

I have been attending the FA Symposium hosted by the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia every year. I love going because it is a great way to connect with other FA members that you don’t see often, hear updates from reseatcbeda of their work and get to meet the researchers and say thank you for all they are doing for us.

• elena

March 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

Hi!! Does anyone have news about the latest update that they say in this meeting? I am glad to know about drugs such as Reata, Chondrial and gene therapies. thanks

• pkonanz

March 3, 2020 at 12:01 pm

I recorded the presentations and the Cardiac breakout session. They shortly will be posted on the FARA YouTube channel.