Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Assistive Device Usage Cupholders for wheelchairs and walkers

• Cupholders for wheelchairs and walkers

Posted by frankie-p on January 19, 2021 at 12:48 pm

One thing that has made life a lot easier is installing a cup holder on my walker. Before that, I would place items on my walker and because of my instability, they would usually knock over and spill.

Do you have a cupholder on your device? How has that benefitted you?

katie-griffith replied 2 years ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • karina-jeronimides

January 19, 2021 at 5:09 pm

Hi Frankie! Yes, I have cup holder in my power chair, and I use it to hold me phone:) It’s quite handy. When I go out, I can hang my purse off the phone – the hook in my chair is really far back and hard to reach. So this is a better set up. I fill four glasses with water and leave them in my kitchen. This reminds me to drink that much during the day. Drinking is just so important to speaking, minimizing stiffness and spasms… I hate going to the bathroom, but it’s going to drive me insane anyways….

• katie-griffith

April 13, 2022 at 2:47 pm

My son has a Drive Nitro walker and keeps having trouble with the cup holder coming off! I bought the Drive specific one but not sure how to make it stay on.

• christina-cordaro

April 13, 2022 at 4:46 pm

Is it compatible for all models?

• katie-griffith

April 13, 2022 at 8:12 pm

I think so. It clips on easily just keeps coming unscrewed for some reason.