Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I think we have all been there- people insist on helping out which can sometimes just make the situation worse. For example, whenever I approach a door with my walker, I have to stop, adjust my body position and open the door. I love when people open the door for me but it can get dangerous if I’m already holding the handle.

I have to use most of my body weight on the door to open it so when I am already in motion to open it and then have someone grab and pull the door from my  hand, I most likely with trip and fall. How can I be polite and say no?

Does this happen to anyone else? What kind of experiences have you encountered?

This has been happening to me lately. I have been appreciating the help because I am finding it difficult to walk steady and balanced with my rollator. But I completely understand the need for you independence and wanting to do things on your own. I would suggest saying “I truly appreciate your kindness and offer to help me, but I would like to do this on my own”.

Haha if only I could speak that fast. It generally happens pretty quick and before I even notice but thanks for the advice!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account