Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA Christina Cordaro – Introduction

• Christina Cordaro – Introduction

Posted by christina-cordaro on September 9, 2019 at 3:05 pm

Hello! My name is Christina Cordaro. I am a columnist here on Friedreich’s Ataxia News and a Friedreich’s Ataxia patient for the past eight years. I am a young woman from Philadelphia, PA who strives to live a full and independent life. Disabled, yet strong-minded, I am a recent graduate of Johnson & Wales University, receiving my Masters Degree, I work full-time in the Hospitality industry and I am recently married to my husband, Justin. We enjoy living in the city and all it has to offer- checking out new restaurants, going to live concerts, attending Phillies games and reliving it’s history and culture.

When not working, I am a strong advocate and volunteer for the non-profit organization Friedreich’s Ataxia Research Alliance (FARA). Being a patient advocate, I am fluent in raising awareness, donor recognition, grassroots fundraising, event mailings, and special events such as the Annual Mother’s Day Race and the Annual Philadelphia Ride Ataxia.

I look forward to being apart of the forums team to connect and encourage members of the FA Community, whether you are a patient, caregiver, family member, significant other or friend.

christina-cordaro replied 4 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • frankie-p

September 9, 2019 at 3:08 pm

Hi Christina! Welcome!

• matt-lafleur

September 9, 2019 at 4:27 pm

Welcome Christina – so excited for you to offer us your unique perspective – especially as a married person and as a worker in the health field, while having FA! I can’t wait to read more of your topics!

• christina-cordaro

September 9, 2019 at 5:36 pm

Thank you, Matt! I am excited to be apart of a wonderful team!