Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Nutrition, Supplements, and Exercise Biggest fears with doing physical activity

• Biggest fears with doing physical activity

Posted by Frankie Perazzola on July 27, 2020 at 2:55 pm

When it comes to working out or going to physical therapy, it can be challenging for the mind to fully grasp having a good work out.

As someone who has experienced working out any concern of FA to now working out with FA being the center focus, I completely understand the mental blocks behind working out.

When it came to me getting back into physical therapy and working out, some of my biggest fears included: not being able to achieve muscle strength, not being able to get a full sweat and most importantly not being able to achieve physical goals.

I didn’t have any hope for my body once I was diagnosed. Things changed when I started physical therapy. I noticed that with making small goals like Being able to plank for 10 seconds and then 15 seconds and then 30 seconds helped to build my confidence.

There are a lot of things that we are not able to do like the average person working out. But that doesn’t mean we can’t focus on the things we can do.

What are some of your biggest fears of working out? What holds you back the most?

Frankie Perazzola replied 3 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Srikanth Menavalli

July 28, 2020 at 3:02 pm

I don’t have any problems working out, My my worst fear is Romanian deadlifts.I once lost my balance while doing them and weights fell on my feet. I took a break for more than 1 month and I was only doing other exercises. Also Anderson Squats(squats with a wight bar) as I lost my balance while doing them. After these 2 accidents I prefer working out mostly on machines rather on the free weights. I hope this has helped in failing frequently. These are my 2 worst fears for now.

• Frankie Perazzola

July 28, 2020 at 5:27 pm

Thank you for your response! That makes a lot of sense, if I am not working out with a trainer, I mostly stick to machines as well.