Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Nutrition, Supplements, and Exercise Biggest concerns going to a public gym

• Biggest concerns going to a public gym

Posted by frankie-p on February 6, 2020 at 10:46 am

When it comes to working out, it can already be tough enough getting motivated to go to the gym. When I first started working out, certain factors deterred me from the gym. I still have my hesitations about a few things when I am at the gym but I don’t let it stop me from going.

For instance, I am intimidated by going over to the free weight section. That’s typically where all the men are and bodybuilders pump away. I think it’s because I don’t like when people get impatient with me and that happens a lot at the gym. I take my time and I know most people probably wouldn’t care but it has always kept me from that section.

Do you go to a gym? Do you have any hesitations or concerns about attending the gym? It can be anything from arranging a ride to not feeling safe on equipment to weather conditions?

lichi-daniel replied 4 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • christina-cordaro

February 6, 2020 at 9:46 pm

I have a stationary recumbent bike in my apartment that I use regularly. I also perform my physical therapy exercises at home. I do both to avoid going to a gym and it is more convenient.

• lichi-daniel

February 13, 2020 at 5:00 am

This year I started to intensify my exercises. I do 7 km in the morning with my medicine bike and some exercises: genoflexions, etc. In the evening, I walk 5 km. I mention that I am at the beginning with FA, until last year in the summer when I made a rupture at the ligament I could run. I try to wright, I can do that but not so good.