Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA Activities and Hobbies

• Kyle Waterman

January 28, 2019 at 1:00 am

Some hobbies I enjoy doing are watching the Ducks (Go Ducks), rock climbing (which I started to do on a weekly basis as a New Years resolution), and hanging out with friends or communicating with friends via Skype or FaceTime! Nothing make me as hyped as when Oregon beats a PAC 12 foe, especially OSU or UW. Rock climbing is a great way of working out and I enjoy it a lot! Friends are really what drive me. Acquiring the positive energy friends give me is unlike anything else! Chatting with friends over Skype or FaceTime is such a great time. I am really grateful for my friends!

• Matt Lafleur

January 28, 2019 at 10:51 am

Hey, tell me more about rock climbing. I was talking to a friend last night and said I wanted to try it, but I have no idea how it will go. I have decent upper body strength, but any leg strength will be unreliable. How do you do it, @kywaterman? Is it enjoyable?

• Kyle Waterman

January 28, 2019 at 1:40 pm

You should definitely try it! I use almost all my upper body strength and my legs are pretty much useless!😂 You’ll probably be sore, but that is good pain! It is an incredible feeling getting to the goal you set. Start low and slowly increase when setting a goal, and be realistic and reasonable! You might not get to the top your first try, but don’t give up! For me, it’s awesome because like the whole gym cheers me on!! I love the energy!

• Matt Lafleur

January 28, 2019 at 1:44 pm

Haha I love good pain! You definitely sold me and now I can’t wait to go. I’ll let you know when I do.

• Kyle Waterman

January 28, 2019 at 3:15 pm

Awesome! Let me know brother!!

• Shandra

February 2, 2019 at 7:42 pm

I love rock climbing too!!!!!!!!!!!! The feeling of accomplishment is just indescribably amazing. I second what Kyle said about trying it! (My new years resolution was to go weekly too 😀 )

• Shandra

February 2, 2019 at 11:16 pm

That was me last week! :)

• Matt Lafleur

February 2, 2019 at 11:21 pm

SHANDRA, LOOK HOW HIGH YOU ARE. I WANT TO GO SOOOO BAD.

• Ousama Aweek

February 9, 2019 at 12:45 pm

some of my hobbies are playing video-games, listening to music, watching series, watching japanese anime, meditating, meeting friendly people, hanging out with other FAers or meeting my best friend Nijad and having a sleepover at his house :). i also love talking to @healing-fa, @kywaterman and @matthew-lafleur they’re the best for me they’re always positive for me oh and they don’t make feel weird when i talk smart

• Julia Tom

March 4, 2019 at 1:33 am

sit quietly alone on the beach for hours