Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Nutrition, Supplements, and Exercise Using smart watches to track your health

• Using smart watches to track your health

Posted by Frankie Perazzola on February 11, 2020 at 4:29 pm

One of the best gifts that I received last Christmas was a Fitbit. It does everything for me, it keeps track of my heart rate 24/7, how many steps I have walked and it even tracks my body during sleep. It lets me know how often I dream and how often I’m awake. It’s actually pretty cool.

Most importantly for me, it keeps track of my workout at the gym. It tells me how many calories I have burned, it keeps track of how long each workout is and it has been extremely beneficial In holding me accountable of my workouts. It even sends me an email at the end of each week telling me my physical report card and how I have done. Now this is very comforting for my mind.

I don’t have experience with the Apple Watch but I know there are so many out there now that do the same things. Do you have a smart watch? If so, what is your favorite feature? Would you recommend them to others?

Bart-Jan replied 4 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Katherine

February 23, 2020 at 7:57 pm

I love my fitbit! It keeps me honest about how much activity I’m getting during the day.

The only downside is that the default, pe-set goals don’t really work for me, because my physiology isn’t exactly normal. Does anyone know if there’s a group appropriate to ataxians?

• Bart-Jan

February 25, 2020 at 10:17 am

We are using an Apple Watch/iPhone Xr and so far our experiences are really good. Including positiv feedback from our cardiologist: he really appreciated the Apple Health reports about activity tracking, heart rate report, as well as the EKGs the Apple Watch can generate.