Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Parents and Caregivers When No Answers Can Be Found

• When No Answers Can Be Found

Posted by katie-griffith on September 15, 2022 at 10:00 am

I don’t know about you, but I don’t like the unknown. I like things to be rational and to have an answer that makes sense to me. 

Unfortunately, life isn’t always like that. Recently, my husband passed away. After an autopsy and some other tests, an answer couldn’t be found as to why this happened.

Life with FA can feel so unknown and irrational as well. Watching your loved one lose their abilities isn’t fair and not knowing the timeline makes it even more challenging.

How do you deal with the unknowns of life? How has losing control changed you as a person?

katie-griffith replied 1 year, 7 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • christina-cordaro

September 20, 2022 at 7:30 am

I am so sorry to hear that they couldn’t find the reasoning about your husband. I’m sure it has to be very frustrating. I hope you and your family can find peace throughout all of this.

FA definitely has its challenges and share of unknowns. I try to live in the present, live day by day, and accept that it is what it is because I never know what each day will bring.

• katie-griffith

September 20, 2022 at 5:29 pm

Thanks, Christina! Living in the present is all we can do. None of us are promised tomorrow.