Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

If you could change any system that you experience with FA, what would it be

For me, I can’t stand being so fatigued and tired all the time. It affects my overall mood and how I function throughout the day. I’d rather change this over my imbalanced walking.

Christina Duncan
      Participant

I would change walking. Now that I am always in a chair I can no longer visit friends, I cannot walk up steps to their front door. I cannot walk upstairs to my children’s rooms. I cannot visit shops/museums/parks because I need assistance in the bathroom and most public restrooms are gender specific. Although that is getting better. I can’t walk thru my yard or pull weeds. When I was imbalanced I could hold a stair rail/arm/bar and navigate uneven terrain. Even though I am always tired I think I could deal with that. Not being able to walk means not being able to do much. Unless I spend lots of money on adaptive devices.

@tina1995 I understand your difficulty and and frustrations with walking. I wish the world could be more of an adpative place!

Katherine
      Participant

Definitely walking for me too – I feel like I would have a lot more energy if just moving around didn’t take so much effort.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account