Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA What is your New Year’s resolution?

• katie-griffith

January 4, 2023 at 7:36 pm

I haven’t really made any goals. I feel like I’m still processing last year. Hopefully I can get more organized and get more active. Happy New Year!

• christina-cordaro

January 24, 2023 at 5:52 am

It’s definitely okay to bring last year into this new one! I think it’ll help you grow and overcome any obstacles that come your way.

• karina-jeronimides

January 5, 2023 at 8:42 pm

I feel like my main goal is to survive and to fight for what I have:

1/ fight to keep my job. despite the hoard of non-believers, and my exhaustion.

2/ fight to keep my home, and make it accessible.

3/ fight for a higher income [or i will lose my home], and figure out how to get enough help that i can afford.

4/ keep on mustering the courage and energy to tackle health issues, chair issues, insurance issues, grant applications.

5/ filter my friends and keep the better ones only, letting go of the ones that are inconsiderate even though i may end up alone.

6/ stay away from the family members that bring me down. I’m a big idiot who is constantly taken advantage of as i worry too much about those that have so much more than i do, and I need to be less of an idiot and shrink my heart.

• christina-cordaro

January 24, 2023 at 5:54 am

I believe in you, Karina!

#1-#3 are part of my resolutions too!

• katie-griffith

January 5, 2023 at 10:41 pm

You are a survivor, Karina! ❤️

• katie-griffith

January 16, 2023 at 5:00 pm

I forgot, I did make a goal on Goodreads to read 40 books this year!

• christina-cordaro

January 24, 2023 at 5:59 am

Let me know if you have any recommendations!