• Waking Up

Posted by christina-cordaro on August 26, 2020 at 7:48 am

No matter how much sleep I get, I dtill have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning. I find that my leg muscles are all cramped up and it is hard to move them.

Does anyone else run into this problem? Do you have any tips on how to wake up and get out bed that’s easier?

cheryl replied 3 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Dylan Mohart

August 27, 2020 at 10:53 am

Hi Christina l to have leg cramps and during the night I just bring both my legs up against my chest for the count of 100 and every morning I grab of a ankle and pull it towards my head for the count of 50 I can hear little cracks so I must be stretching for the good of my legs🙏🏻

• christina-cordaro

August 31, 2020 at 7:06 pm

@wheelman I definitely am going to try this! Thank you!

• cheryl

September 1, 2020 at 7:08 pm

I usually cannot sleep long or spasms wake me up. They begin in my neck and end in my toes. I use dilaudid and stretches ( sit on bed, feet touching & legs bent, then lean over til my nose touches the bed). But honestly, nothing has helped majorly. I’m going to see my pain doc at UNC for an intrathecal pain pump.

• christina-cordaro

September 4, 2020 at 10:24 am

@cheryl-browning I have never heard of an intrathecal pain pump. How is it supposed to help?

• cheryl

September 5, 2020 at 11:21 am

Christine, it’s a pain pump placed in the spine that delivers meds directly to the spine allowing them to use a much lower dose while coating the nerves in the spine, so it works much better. I’m going to be starting the process soon since oral meds work for a little bit before they need to increase doses.