Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA US Health Insurance (Not Political)

• US Health Insurance (Not Political)

Posted by Matt Lafleur on July 2, 2019 at 8:23 am

I am currently on my work’s health insurance plan, and it is supplemented by Medicaid. It seems like that is really unhelpful. I am attempting to apply for Medicare. My sister is on thst and gets a lot of benefits from it!

What is your health insurance plan, whether you are in the US or outside of it? Do you find it helpful for those with FA?

*Please don’t make this a political argument.*

Matt Lafleur replied 4 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Clifton

July 2, 2019 at 12:25 pm

The last letter i got from medicare said I would need to stat paying for medicare on my own. Medicaid dropped me completely.Said i needed to call in an talk to them but when i called i was by the girl that she doesnt do that I would need to call back , click. I have just about had it with the whole system.

• Matt Lafleur

July 2, 2019 at 12:29 pm

Maybe I am confused, but I thought that the point of Medicare is that the government covers its cost. If you don’t mind, are they asking you to pay a huge amount?

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    July 2, 2019 at 12:29 pm

Im in southern California and my health insurance is IEHP. It has been very helpful for me and my FA diagnosis.

• Matt Lafleur

July 2, 2019 at 12:30 pm

I’m jealous!