Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Speech can be impacted due to living with FA. Our speech becomes slurred and other people may have difficulty understanding.

Does anyone complete speech therapy? Doed anyone use speaking aids?

Grant Lile
      Participant

I’m not yet seeing a speech therapist, but have been considering it. I don’t know how much FA will restrict me from speaking perfectly again, but I’m thinking considerably better than right now.

I have also been looking into speech therapy programs for my computer. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Isabelle Desmarais
      Participant

I already had a speech therapy, even if my disartry is very mild. It helps to be aware on how the speech disability get installed and to prevent increasing difficulties with speech exercises.

Katie Griffith
      Keymaster

My son’s voice issue was his first symptom of FA. He saw an ENT and had voice therapy. It didn’t help. He was diagnosed a couple of years later with FA. His voice is very hoarse and it affects his quality of life. He is scheduled to have implants put in his vocal cords next week. Praying it will help 🙏🏻

I am praying it goes well too!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account