Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums COVID-19 and FA Social distancing and affects on “normal” life

• Social distancing and affects on “normal” life

Posted by frankie-p on March 17, 2020 at 1:15 pm

Hey everyone, I know times are really scary for a lot of you out there. A pandemic is not something that we deal with often so I know this is all new.

Most people are getting out of school or off of work. For me, my work is at home so personally, I am not affected. However, most of my family and friends that have been sent home in order to quarantine them selves.

Being in my house for long periods of time is not abnormal and I am very used to it. I actually prefer it if I’m being honest. But, I know this has hindered a lot of momentum people have during the week in order to get stuff done.

What are your main concerns about the coronavirus? Has this time being in quarantine affected do you? Will it affect you or your family?

clester replied 4 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • friendlyneighborhoodataxian

March 20, 2020 at 7:16 pm

I’m lucky in that I _can_ work from home, but I don’t like it – walking to work and to lunch is usually a significant part of my daily exercise, and I’m still figuring out how to replace it. Also, I miss face-to-face socializing.

Still, if we had to get a mini-apocalypse this year, I’m glad we got one that involves just staying in your house. I’m pretty well-prepared for that.

• clester

March 24, 2020 at 10:15 am

Talk about bad timing. My first grandchild was born a couple days ago. She was a month premature. It will very likely be several months before any grandparents or aunts and uncles get to see her because of this virus.