• Pressure sores

Posted by Frankie Perazzola on October 10, 2019 at 8:34 pm

Pressure sores happen and have different severities. Sitting in a wheelchair for long periods of time increase those chances.

Is this something you have faced or deal with often? If so, how did you heal it? Have any tips for others?

Clester replied 4 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Clester

October 15, 2019 at 10:14 am

Since the Dr tried to kill my wife she isn’t even able to reposition herself anymore. So pressure sores are a very real threat and I have to keep an eye out at all times.
    I keep a good $400 seat cushion under her, even when I put her in a manual chair. Best prevention is to make sure that clothing is not bunched up or that you are sitting on any seams. I Keep a sling under her all the time. It has the opening for her to use the bathroom so I make sure the opening is so she isn’t sitting on the sling.
    The few times she has had pressure sores. Again make sure she isnt sitting on anything first. Then to heal them just clean with band aid brand wound cleaner with a cotton ball , then neosporin, then bandage. Usually takes about a week for them to heal enough to stop with bandage but I still apply neosporin till it’s pretty much gone, about another week. Where the sore is determines what clothing she wears so she doesn’t sit on any seams or edges, no matter how soft they are.