Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

November is National Family Caregivers Month. It is a time to recognize the compassion and dedication of caregivers who are supporting a family member or friend living with a rare disease, such as FA.

The National Alliance for Caregiving’s website provides resources for caregivers: https://www.caregiving.org/

Who is your primary caregiver?

Karina Jeronimides
      Participant

myself! got left by husband, father, mother who is taking care of my younger brother whose FA is worse. i know i am not the only one. there are so many brave souls who fight to make it on their own.   it’s scary being all alone.  but it pushes you to be stronger .  i was having trouble transferring to bed [fell a lot], 6-9 month ago, and i’ve done so much extra physical therapy that transfers feel more stable. i work with an accommodation and i know i’ll get fired one of these days because i am just not producing what i used to. But i am taking one day at a time for now.  And thank goodness my brother has my mother.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account