Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA Motivational Monday – Strength

• Motivational Monday – Strength

Posted by Christina Cordaro on August 23, 2021 at 10:05 am

Just remember, when living with a chronic illness, there are things that we cannot control. For example, we have no handle on slurred speech, the volume of our speech, walking into walls, choking, coughing, etc.

It’s important not to get down and let these symptoms take over (I know easier said than done). What are some tools that you use to stay strong-willed?

Deleted User replied 2 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Grant Lile

August 24, 2021 at 2:20 pm

As I feel as though my body is deteriorating at faster rate than it should be, I have been finding it difficult to stay in a positive mood. To help, I look at things in my life I can still do and what brings me joy.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    August 29, 2021 at 5:06 pm

Oh had strength I thought till Freidreich Ataxia made its full appearance with me. I am a 58 year old married woman with 3 grown children and 7 grandchildren. One of my older grandsons is graduating from the Navy soon in Chicago. Worried and nervous for him plus myself. My 2 neurologist have diagnosed me and I am in rehab now. No one here where I live has never heard of this and I hadn’t neither. I am so happy to be with you all, I am thinking maybe you all have been here with me. It’s hard being able to walk up till these last 2 1/2 years and now trying to walk with a walker but I was blessed so I haven’t cried or been angry. I just don’t know anything about this condition. My doctors haven’t been a help neither cause they don’t know neither. I haven’t met anyone that has ever heard of this. Thank you all for any help and I love you all. It’s great to hear from anyone and everyone.

• Christina Cordaro

August 30, 2021 at 7:46 am

Hi Melinda! We are happy you are here! This is a place for any guidance or support you may need during your FA Journey!

• Christina Cordaro

August 30, 2021 at 7:46 am

Hi Melinda! We are happy you are here! This is a place for any guidance or support you may need during your FA Journey!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
        September 3, 2021 at 3:33 pm

Hi Christina I really don’t know if I am doing this right. I am still trying to figure out how to work this new website so please excuse me for stumbling around. My figuring out skills are not as good as before. Thank you for messaging me