Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

In the morning, I find it difficult to physically maneuver out of bed because I am either so comfortable or my legs are so stiff that I don’t and can’t move.

To give myself extra time, I set my alarm 10-15 minutes earlier than my usual wake up time. This way I don’t have to rush in a panic/prevent myself from falling and hurting myself.

Do you have a tough time getting out of bed in the morning? What actions do you take?

Grant Lile
      Participant

I find anything I do that being in a rush or hurry does not help keep my legs relaxed and manageable. I too set my alarm to go off early than normal. I don’t have any problems driving (with hand controls)but there too I also prefer not driving in rush.

Karina Jeronimides
      Participant

The problem is the urgency. So before I open my eyes, I do ankle pumps. Even if at first, nothing moves, eventually the communication wakes up and something does move. It’s then that I open my eyes, put my feet on the ground, and press on my knees to make sure that my feet remember that they need to bear weight. Then I transfer on my wheelchair, which always has a towel on it in the mornings.

@karina these are great tips that I am definitely going to try! Thank you!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account