• Morning Routine

Posted by Christina Cordaro on October 28, 2020 at 7:39 am

In the morning, I find it difficult to physically maneuver out of bed because I am either so comfortable or my legs are so stiff that I don’t and can’t move.

To give myself extra time, I set my alarm 10-15 minutes earlier than my usual wake up time. This way I don’t have to rush in a panic/prevent myself from falling and hurting myself.

Do you have a tough time getting out of bed in the morning? What actions do you take?

Christina Cordaro replied 3 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Grant Lile

October 29, 2020 at 2:30 pm

I find anything I do that being in a rush or hurry does not help keep my legs relaxed and manageable. I too set my alarm to go off early than normal. I don’t have any problems driving (with hand controls)but there too I also prefer not driving in rush.

• Karina Jeronimides

October 29, 2020 at 4:00 pm

The problem is the urgency. So before I open my eyes, I do ankle pumps. Even if at first, nothing moves, eventually the communication wakes up and something does move. It’s then that I open my eyes, put my feet on the ground, and press on my knees to make sure that my feet remember that they need to bear weight. Then I transfer on my wheelchair, which always has a towel on it in the mornings.

• Christina Cordaro

October 30, 2020 at 8:37 am

@karina these are great tips that I am definitely going to try! Thank you!