• Making Plans for the Fall

Posted by Katie Griffith on July 21, 2022 at 10:00 am

As summer starts to wrap up, fall plans begin to come to mind. My son, Noah, who has FA, is an upcoming senior in college and is moving from an apartment to a dorm. 

Summer has been more laid back and relaxed, but the anticipation of a full fall schedule can be daunting. Planning seems to help with some of the worries, but when accessibility needs are present, it can cause more anxiety.

What are your best tips for dealing with upcoming changes? How do you calm the voices of anxiety for you and your loved one?

Christina Cordaro replied 1 year, 7 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Christina Cordaro

July 26, 2022 at 7:19 am

Change is always a hard thing to deal with, especially when you have a specific routine and way of doing things. I think it’s important to be open and accepting of the change, and be OK with asking for help when needed.

• Katie Griffith

September 19, 2022 at 8:53 pm

He has moved in and there were definitely accessibility issues that we didn’t foresee! He has been in contact with the office of accessibility at the college, but it is so frustrating that he has to use his already limited energy to get to his dorm room 🙁

• Christina Cordaro

September 20, 2022 at 7:35 am

I hope tbe office of accessibility takes action quickly and Noah gets what he needs!