Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Katie Griffith
      Keymaster

As a mom of a son with FA, I feel like life is constantly changing. Just when it feels like things have finally settled down, progression happens and adaptations need to be made. Do you find it hard to deal with the constant changes that a degenerative disease brings? What helps you cope with these changes?

Karina Jeronimides
      Participant

Knowing that the change will end is what helps me.  And working viciously to fight it with PT/doctors/new procedures or/and adaptations that will make up for my loss of independence.  But yes, change is the hardest part of this illness, and figuring out what to do to make up for it. I hope OMAV can give us all a break from it.  If it doesn’t we need to keep fighting. It’s why I feel like Sisyphus.   Who according to Albert Camus still managed to be happy.

Katie Griffith
        Keymaster

Great suggestions! Having a community that understands is huge as well as hope and joy even in hard circumstances. Keep fighting!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account