Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Katie Griffith
      Keymaster

October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM). We will be discussing different work-related topics on the forum this month. I remember when my son Noah, who has FA but wasn’t diagnosed at the time, turned 16 and began to apply for a part-time summer job. He had (and still has) voice issues and never heard anything back after multiple interviews. Has your loved one with FA been able to find a job that is a good fit? Let us know about your experiences.

I was once unemployed a few years ago. When I would apply to jobs and successfully pass the phone interview process, the next step was to do an in-person interview. I thought they went well, because the employer thought I was qualified for the role and expressed interest. So why wouldn’t I get a response? I could tell part of the reason for not getting the job was because I was using a walker. I almost felt like it would have been a nuisance. Having a disability in the workplace does set accommodations and modifications, but it can be done.

Katie Griffith
      Keymaster

Thanks for sharing your experience, Christina! It can be done and should be done!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account