• Household Chores

Posted by christina-cordaro on November 25, 2019 at 10:00 am

I like to clean my apartment once a week to ensure it is well-kept and gives me a sense of accomplishment. However, some weeks I find myself not having the energy to do this weekly task and it takes me twice as long to complete.

Does anyone have any tips to manage fatigue while doing chores around the house?

christina-cordaro replied 4 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    November 27, 2019 at 4:42 pm

I would say to just do easy stuff and try not to push yourself too hard.

• christina-cordaro

November 27, 2019 at 8:35 pm

@jesusr definitely and always ask for help when needed!

• debi

November 28, 2019 at 9:59 pm

I’m struggling with this myself lately. I still work full time too, so that can impact what I have energy for too.

I didn’t do it yet, but my idea was to make a chore list. Then I can try to do little things each day, checking them off as I go, rather than trying to do it all at once. Break down each task: not clean bathroom but clean mirror, clean sink, etc. Maybe I can get through my list by doing little steps each day rather than a big exhausting chore day. Worth a try!

• christina-cordaro

November 28, 2019 at 11:22 pm

@debijeani I like your idea of a daily chore list! This way you can take your time and get the task done accurately by spacing them out. Thank you for the tilp!

• christina-cordaro

@debijeani I like your idea of a daily chore list! This way you can take your time and get the task done accurately by spacing them out. Thank you for the tilp!

• christina-cordaro