Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Katie Griffith
      Keymaster

In my latest article, I share about my struggle with trying to help my son even when he hasn’t asked for my help. As a caregiver, is this something that you struggle with? As a side topic, do you know your Enneagram type? Share if you feel comfortable and help us all get to know each other better!

Lauryn Smith
      Participant

Yes!! Sometimes my daughter gets mad at me for helping her, saying that I think she can’t do anything on her own, and sometimes she gets mad at me for not helping her enough!! I feel like I can’t win either way…. And, like you I am a 2 on the enneagram and helping is my love language but I also have a need to be appreciated which doesn’t happen much with an almost 16 year old!!

@lauryn-smith, your daughter sounds a lot like me (I’m a patient with FA and almost 31 years old haha!).

I know I can be stubborn and think I can be independent when I want to be. It’s hard to face reality and accept help when needed, but it comes in time.

Katie Griffith
        Keymaster

Lauryn, it is a daily struggle! Setting boundaries is hard for me, but I know when I’m consistent, it will be better for me and my family. Thanks for sharing your enneagram type as well. You really do understand 🙂

Thanks for giving us some hope for the future, Christina! I know it has to be such a challenge to accept help, and I truly try to keep that in mind.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Verify you are not a robot