• Lauryn Smith

June 23, 2021 at 7:10 am

Yes!! Sometimes my daughter gets mad at me for helping her, saying that I think she can’t do anything on her own, and sometimes she gets mad at me for not helping her enough!! I feel like I can’t win either way…. And, like you I am a 2 on the enneagram and helping is my love language but I also have a need to be appreciated which doesn’t happen much with an almost 16 year old!!

• Christina Cordaro

June 23, 2021 at 1:02 pm

@lauryn-smith, your daughter sounds a lot like me (I’m a patient with FA and almost 31 years old haha!).

I know I can be stubborn and think I can be independent when I want to be. It’s hard to face reality and accept help when needed, but it comes in time.

• Katie Griffith

June 23, 2021 at 2:17 pm

Lauryn, it is a daily struggle! Setting boundaries is hard for me, but I know when Iā€™m consistent, it will be better for me and my family. Thanks for sharing your enneagram type as well. You really do understand šŸ™‚

Thanks for giving us some hope for the future, Christina! I know it has to be such a challenge to accept help, and I truly try to keep that in mind.