Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Parents and Caregivers Hello, Fellow Parents and Caregivers from a New Moderator!

• Hello, Fellow Parents and Caregivers from a New Moderator!

Posted by Katie Griffith on June 15, 2021 at 9:00 am

Hey, y’all! My name is Katie Griffith, and I have recently taken on the role as one of the forum moderators for Friedreich’s Ataxia News. I started writing a monthly column called Hope From Home back in February of this year that shares the struggles and joys of being a parent of a child with FA. I am wife to Brad and mom to Gracie, Noah, and Omarion. I formerly worked as a postpartum nurse but now spend my time caring for my family and working as a travel agent part time. I am a southern girl who loves Disney, clearance shopping, the ennegram, Coke Zero, and long baths.

I first learned about Friedreich’s ataxia back in 2018 when my son Noah was diagnosed right before his 16th birthday.  I am thankful for the wonderful FAmily that we have met so far and the support that our FA community offers. I can’t wait to connect with you all and work together with Christina, my fellow FA moderator.

Tell me more about you!

Christina Cordaro replied 2 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Christina Cordaro

June 15, 2021 at 9:47 am

A huge welcome to @katie-griffith! I am looking forward to working with you and seeing your perspective on the forums!