• Posted by christina-cordaro on January 3, 2022 at 8:00 am

Happy Monday and Happy New Year! I hope everyone enjoyed your time with friends and family this holiday season.

A common new year’s resolution is to adapt a healthy lifestyle and to gain physical strength. My goals for this year include eating more healthy and to ride my recumbent Catrike more when the weather is nice.

Does anyone here have any fitness goals to improve your FA in 2022?

katie-griffith replied 2 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • jarrod-guth

January 4, 2022 at 4:09 pm

My son Maxwell is 14 and, in a wheelchair, full time. We have made it a point to make it to the gym at least 3 times a week this year. We were doing well last year, but he had surgery and then I had surgery and we weren’t able to finish the year strong. However, this year we are trying to focus more on a healthy lifestyle.

Getting to the gym is the hardest part, but once we get going, he loves it and when we are in a routine, he really needs it. I think it helps with his confidence and helps with his sleep patterns.

Do you have any thoughts what might be good for me as a caregiver to encourage and keep him motivated from your perspective?

Happy New Year!  I wish you all the best on your goals. It’s an exciting feeling to start fresh.

• katie-griffith

January 5, 2022 at 8:26 am

Hey, Jarrod! I think what has helped motivate my son was when we went together. It sounds like what you are already doing, but just having a ride and someone to be there with helped him. Maybe just talk through it and set up a schedule ahead of time that he agrees to. I definitely need some accountability myself this year!