• FAers Food Choices

Posted by matt-lafleur on June 4, 2019 at 8:38 am

With much chagrin, I admitted to myself that my FA influences the type of food I get.

I absolutely love steaks, but will typically pass them up and order something easier to eat with utensils.

And even though I have a HUGE sweet-tooth, I almost always avoid cupcakes. They are really hard for me to manage.

How about you? Has FA affected your food-choice?

matt-lafleur replied 4 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • jonathan

June 4, 2019 at 10:54 am

My sweet tooth is dead. When I learned that FA pathology included a vulnerability to diabetes, I gradually eliminated sugar from my diet. Occasionally, I indulge in a sweet, but that’s rare. I definitely eat plenty of meat — the more fat, the better. I use my hands. It’s not a pretty sight, but I’m not trying to look pretty. Lamb’s my favorite. And pasta. And burritos. Basically, anything my wife cooks.

I should mention that, yeah, I eat a huge serving, but it’s only once a day. Sometimes I force myself to eat a snack because I don’t have much of an appetite anymore (until I smell what the wife’s cooking). I’m not sure why that is, but I suspect it’s due to habit.

• matt-lafleur

June 4, 2019 at 11:57 am

I see the benefit of eliminating sweets. I am trying to cut down on mine, but I can’t say no to desserts. LOL

Do you make your own tacos? That is almost impossible for me.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    June 4, 2019 at 5:32 pm

I make sure to eat plenty of carbs and veggies. I confess my consummation of sweets is not too bad but I’m still eat donuts, cupcakes and cake. I stay away from candy though I miss Reese’s peanut cups ☹️. Diabetes for me is pretty much controlled but I know my limits on eating food in general.

• ant-pinkie-brown

June 4, 2019 at 6:23 pm

I try and avoid having to cut my food, who needs the stress? I don’t mind people cutting my meat for me-there’s a lot worse about FA that you need to worry about.

• matt-lafleur

June 4, 2019 at 6:25 pm

You’re right! Just hard to submit to help, at least for me it is.