Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Matt Lafleur

With much chagrin, I admitted to myself that my FA influences the type of food I get.

I absolutely love steaks, but will typically pass them up and order something easier to eat with utensils.

And even though I have a HUGE sweet-tooth, I almost always avoid cupcakes. They are really hard for me to manage.

How about you? Has FA affected your food-choice?

Jonathan
      Participant

My sweet tooth is dead. When I learned that FA pathology included a vulnerability to diabetes, I gradually eliminated sugar from my diet. Occasionally, I indulge in a sweet, but that’s rare. I definitely eat plenty of meat — the more fat, the better. I use my hands. It’s not a pretty sight, but I’m not trying to look pretty. Lamb’s my favorite. And pasta. And burritos. Basically, anything my wife cooks.

I should mention that, yeah, I eat a huge serving, but it’s only once a day. Sometimes I force myself to eat a snack because I don’t have much of an appetite anymore (until I smell what the wife’s cooking). I’m not sure why that is, but I suspect it’s due to habit.

Matt Lafleur

I see the benefit of eliminating sweets. I am trying to cut down on mine, but I can’t say no to desserts. LOL

Do you make your own tacos? That is almost impossible for me.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I make sure to eat plenty of carbs and veggies. I confess my consummation of sweets is not too bad but I’m still eat donuts, cupcakes and cake. I stay away from candy though I miss Reese’s peanut cups ☹️. Diabetes for me is pretty much controlled but I know my limits on eating food in general.

Ant Pinkie-Brown
      Participant

I try and avoid having to cut my food, who needs the stress? I don’t mind people cutting my meat for me-there’s a lot worse about FA that you need to worry about.

Matt Lafleur

You’re right! Just hard to submit to help, at least for me it is.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Verify you are not a robot