Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Recently, my neurologist suggested taking baclofen at nighttime to help reduce my leg spasms. I take a small dose, but it has been helping me combined with my pain medicine, Gabapentin and a CBD gummy. All three help me sleep throughout the night.

Does anyone else take baclofen for muscle spasms? How does it help you?

David Riley
      Participant

Hi; I have tried baclofen and cannot take it. Even at the lowest dose, and if I cut it in half then a fourth – I loose muscle tone and it effects me even the next day.

@davidr were you given any other alternative to try that has helped you?

David Riley
      Participant

I was given no other thing. But I will tell you what helps me the most – yoga before bed. I don’t walk any more, so there a certain things to difficult, but if you have enough stability, it should be no problem. I would have an evening routine where I’d do stuff like downward facing dog, hold it for three minutes. I still do the streches I can. But no drug can ever take the place of the relief I feel in my muscles and tendons, and it helps my quality of sleep.

@davidr I’m glad to hear that yoga is a great alternative and is helping you!

Renee Papachriston
      Participant

I’ve had a love/hate relationship with Baclofen. Initially, even a small dose would make me clumsy and I didn’t feel it helped. A few years later, I started having sleepless nights with “restless legs”. I gave Baclofen another try, taking it before bed, and it has helped immensely.

@reneep I’m glad it helps you now! It relieves my restless legs too, I can’t imagine falling asleep without it.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account