Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Recently, I heard another Friedreich’s Ataxia patient mention switching her diet to gluten free to help save energy associated with FA.

Do you partake in any diets or home remedies? Or has your neorolgist and doctor instruct you on a different diet approach?

Elizabeth Crabtree
      Participant

Christina Cordaro, we are new to the diagnosis (less than a week) but have been working to help alleviate our incredible 8 year old’s symptoms for three years (the diagnosis was a journey). When we keep her on an anti inflammatory diet, mitochondria focused eating protocol, she does well. Minimal falls, lots of energy and less of a hand tremor. Gluten (in any form) is something that causes her to struggle (as well rice and soy). Not sure what other people have experienced but in our journey, nutrition is critical for our daughter and has taken a long time to figure out – I still am learning. It is the difference between one to two falls a day versus 20. I would love to hear what others experience.

@elizabeth-crabtree this is great information! Thank you for sharing!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account