Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA Using BPM in music to keep up with reps at the gym

• Using BPM in music to keep up with reps at the gym

Posted by Frankie Perazzola on August 16, 2019 at 9:00 am

BPM is beats per minute in a song. On top of a playlist that I wont skip through, I like to have upbeat music to listen to while working out. One trick or simply an observation I had is that my body naturally keeps up with the tempo.

For example, if I am doing bicep curls, my motion matches with the music. Any song over 170 BPM is ideal for me. I find the drums or bass and stick with that for the duration of the song.

Other than feeling happier about the quality of my workout, sticking with this method  helps me get through my desired number of repetitions which overall makes me feel good.

Does anyone else do this? Would you try this method?

Deleted User replied 4 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Clester

August 16, 2019 at 9:14 am

I used to listen to music when working out in martial arts. Music definitely helps keep a rythym going.
    Related to that….. I used to do my martial arts on different terrain like hills, sand, and very helpful was doing it in water/swimming pool or lake. In water you can more easily tell if you are moving correctly…. Do it right and it’s easier to move, do it wrong and it’s harder to move, And that works whether it’s for martial arts or not.

• Clester

August 16, 2019 at 9:19 am

Good rythym in working out is extremely good because you can work out longer without getting tired out as easy. Long distance runners know this….. They start a pace/rythym and as long as they can keep that pace they can go farther.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    August 18, 2019 at 1:40 pm

I listen to upbeat music too. I haven’t tried bpm but I’ll give it a try!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      August 20, 2019 at 6:57 pm

I listen to mostly everything but right now I listen to NF. If you make a playlist I would give it a listen.