Tagged: , ,

• Staying focused

Posted by Frankie Perazzola on November 11, 2020 at 2:38 pm

When having conversations with the other people who have FA, brain fog seems extremely common. It’s not like I don’t know the answers. And it’s not even on the tip of my tongue because it feels like my brain can’t even put together basic sentences sometimes.

I would like to consider myself pretty intellectual so it’s extremely frustrating losing my thought in the middle of telling a story or not being able to focus on the task at hand.

Recently, these past few months I have been studying to become a personal trainer. I graduated college in 2015 so I am a bit dusty when it comes to studying.

Does anyone have any tips for a fellow FAer who needs to study? Do you have any hacks or tricks?

Katherine replied 3 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    November 16, 2020 at 3:48 pm

What works for me, actually works, 8s calorie restriction. It works for everything except going to the gym. I am an artist and need long, focused time doing my work. Skipping even lunch helps. I sometimes will just have a cup of tea and add honey for nourishment. Even fasting is beneficial. Look it up. I think some monkeys on a restrictive diet lived longer and had better cognitive ability than the control. Please don’t take my word for it. There is a balance that must be maintained.

• Katherine

November 20, 2020 at 8:11 pm

If the problem is recall, practicing explaining the concepts to someone else helps me.
    If it’s about getting the information into your head, making the environment more interesting might help. Like, playing music, studying outside sometimes, highlighting all over your notes (if they’re physical) or changing the font (if digital)
    Also, caffeine.