Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA Sickness with FA when Seasons Change

Tagged: , ,

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    September 12, 2019 at 1:41 pm

I usually get sick when winter’s over. It was pretty bad this year I thought I wast I was going to be in the hospital for a while but thankfully I didn’t. I felt like crap for four days and it took me a week to recuperate. I don’t like taking meds unless I need to like this prior time. I usually drink tea with honey and use Vicks.

• Christina Cordaro

September 12, 2019 at 6:54 pm

@jesusr I am sorry that you went through a week of getting better 🙁 I like your remedies!

• Jessie Beatty

September 13, 2019 at 10:42 am

My daughter gets sick this time every year. She just missed 7 days of school because of a cold/sinus infection. Thankfully we did not have to see her pediatrician this time. The worst part for her is not really the cold its the recovery from the cold. It takes weeks for her to get her strength/stamina back. I HATE sending her to school during this time. But I can’t keep her out for a month. I really wish there was a way to recover faster from illnesses.

• Christina Cordaro

September 13, 2019 at 5:58 pm

@jessbeatty I am so sorry your daughter had to miss 7 days. I hope her teachers and the school was understanding of the situation! I agree it’s the recovery that takes the longest part too. My sinus infection took 2 weeks to get over. And it didn’t even matter how much rest I got 🙁