Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA Medical Marijuana Monday: the Indica strain

• Medical Marijuana Monday: the Indica strain

Posted by Frankie Perazzola on January 13, 2020 at 4:06 pm

In this weeks MMM, I wanted to talk about the certain strains. There is sativa, Indica and hybrid strains within the herb. Each strain has a different effect and that also differs between each individual.

I have been smoking for 11+ years and I am no expert, I just have opinions and preferences. So, I wanted to do some research and share what I found about the Indica strain.

”Indicas are typically associated with full-body effects, such as increasing deep relaxation and reducing insomnia.

Although research examining these effects is limited, it appears these plants have more in common than previously thought.

In other words, the category, or type, of cannabis may not be the greatest indicator of the effects you’ll experience.

Here’s how to find the right plant for your needs, strains to consider, potential side effects, and more.

What should you look for to understand strain effects?

The often-applied rule of thumb is that sativas are more invigorating and energizing, while indicas are more relaxing and calming — but it isn’t really that simple.

Individual plants produce varying effects, even among the same type of cannabis. It all depends on the plant’s chemical composition and the growing technique used.

Instead of looking at the type alone — sativa or indica — look at the description the grower and dispensary provide.

Oftentimes, the plant types are broken down into specific strains, or breeds.

Strains are distinguished by their individual cannabinoid and terpene content. These compounds are what determine the strain’s overall effects.”

I hope this helps you gain a little knowledge about Indica and what it’s effects are. If you have any preferences or questions, comments below and I will try my best to answer or find the answer for you!

Deleted User replied 3 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Patrick Bach

January 15, 2020 at 3:47 am

In my experience the two natural strains sativa and indica are’nt very different. Maybe that’s because they’ve been cultured so they have the best effect.

I think the most important thing in a strain are the thc and cbd levels. You should combine these two so the effects get like multiplied.

Sadly marijuana is illegal in switzerland so i can’t choose my fav strain but just get what i get.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    October 8, 2020 at 9:18 am

CBD really helps a lot with my chronic pain!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    October 11, 2020 at 11:22 am

I recommend use an affiliate program for cannabis benefits https://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=96443