• Jon Jacobsen

July 18, 2023 at 2:46 pm

I have been having a very difficult time with Restless leg when trying to sleep. I tried a number of different proven treatments but have found a solution that has been a lifesaver for me. I take five mg of generic Pramipexole 1hr before bed.

“Pramipexole is used to treat Parkinson disease. It may be used alone or in combination with other medicines (eg, levodopa). Pramipexole is a dopamine agonist that works on the nervous system to help treat the symptoms of Parkinson disease. Pramipexole is also used to treat Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS).”

• Isabelle Desmarais

July 20, 2023 at 9:13 am

Jon, Do you experience any side effects.  Thank you.

• Jon Jacobsen

July 20, 2023 at 9:55 am

I haven’t noticed any side effects. I have been taking this medication for almost 3 years. several times I have gone to bed and forgot to take this pill, after couple hours, my wife says to me I think you forgot your pill because my legs are all over the place. it doesn’t have any ill effect on me so I continue to take them. my son who doesn’t have fa has restless legs. I gave him a couple of my pills and told him to give them a try. he called me the other day and told me it was great he slept like a baby and asked his doctor to give him a prescription.

• Isabelle Desmarais

July 20, 2023 at 4:52 pm

Great! Thank you very much Jon. I will talk about it with my neurologist.