• Dealing with Falls

Posted by Christina Cordaro on October 22, 2019 at 9:46 am

Yesterday I was cleaning the apartment, trying to balance and use the Swifter mop on the floor and I fell terribly on my back on the hardwood floor, leaving a bloody gage. I waited for my husband to get home from work and help put ice on it and lay down. Whenever I fall this is my go to routine. What is yours?

Clester replied 4 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Clester

October 23, 2019 at 1:43 pm

My wife tried to get herself out of the van by herself. I was carting in groceries that I had to get out of the way of moving her wheelchair. Just as I stepped out of the, house I saw it. She accidently hit her joystick and off she went off the lift before it was even half way down. Luckily she landed in grass on her side. That didn’t do any favors for my hernia, ran over and lifted her and her chair(big fancy powered chair with all the options) at the same time. Scared me to death. She came away with a huge fright and some minor scrapes…. thank God. Did nothing to the chair. She’s never tried that since. Now that was a fall….with a 250 pound chair seatbelted to her from about 3 feet in the air.
    I’ve fallen out of a barn from about 20 feet up but falling having something attached to you….. That is a whole new ball game.