Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Sally
      Participant

Hi everyone
      I have a friend who is a FAers. She has been isolated recently more and more. I wonder if there is any assistive tool for using computer? How you guys type or use computer?
      Thanks

Matt Lafleur
      Keymaster

Hey Sally. A program I recommend is Dragonspeak.What specific issues is she having though?

Clester
      Participant

A friend I’ve helped out on occasion has a large key keyboard and a large screen touch screen computer. He uses it a lot everyday.
      To aid in his using his computer he has a computer chair that he has rigged up with a seat belt that he straps around his chest to keep him secure in it. He even has a small refrigerator close enough to his computer he can pull himself over to it to get drinks and food.
      Along with that he has his house rigged up with “alexa” to work all his lights, his radio, his furnace/ac, and I believe some kind of gaming system (I’ve heard him play “jeapordy” several times). Even though he has difficulty speaking, he manages it and the computer quite impressively.

Sally
      Participant

Thanks both.
      She is not a native English speaker. That makes her using speech programs challenging

Using a bog keyboard might be actually good. We might try that. She has point balance problem.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account