- This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 months, 3 weeks ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Let’s make a list of activities we do (exercise or not) that we think helps maintain our FA progression. Maybe we can give others an idea.
I have 2 to share:
What are some helpful activities you do?
1. Exercise – I really focus on my legs and core. I do this about 5 days a week for about an hour.
2. Eat right – In addition, I intermittently fast for 12-18 hours per day.
3. Win hof method – cold showers and breathing exercises.
4. Learn another language – I spend 10 minutes a day on thus and am really just training my brain. I use duolingo as it is top ratedand free.
5. Brain games – I also do this 10 minutes a day and use BrainHQ. The theory is neuroplasticity. I use the free version.
No, seriously. It motivates me to go on short walks during lunch or after work, playing the game involves some manual dexterity, and challenging myself to stand unsupported while playing is good practice in balancing-while-focusing-on-something-else.
Friedreich’s Ataxia News is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.