• He Keeps Leaving His Bed At Work!

Posted by Matt Lafleur on June 14, 2019 at 8:03 am

Don’t let him fool you. Zeego looks cute here, but left his spot and went to the next office when my brother-in-law walked in. I am getting aggravated. This is the fourth day in a row he leaves when my brother-in-law, who he seems to like, comes in. I normally leave him unleashed in my office, but leash and tether him if he gets up. It’s his time-out. I’m thinking of keeping him leashed all the time at work. What do you think? Grrr

Matt Lafleur replied 4 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Ryan Slade

June 14, 2019 at 12:02 pm

Keep him leashed at the office all the time for a week to teach him. He should be fine after that…in my in-educatedopinion.

• Ryan Slade

June 20, 2019 at 6:33 pm

Educated opinion…lol!

I fully expected Matt to calls on that one, and point out his Masters degree.

• Matt Lafleur

June 20, 2019 at 6:35 pm

LOL I won’t be a grammar Nazi to my ataxia bros. I know how it goes!

• Cheryl

June 25, 2019 at 1:31 pm

Is he a service dog from an agency? Or your own dog that is being trained. If from an agency, call them. As a service dog, he is trained to disregard everyone and only be there for you. The problem with service dogs is people…not those disabled BUT everyone walking up and petting them. The dogs are at work and as a result should not be touched or spoken to by anyone except the person (you) it’s assigned to.
    Now if it is your own dog… it’s time to restart training and every time he wanders off, bring him (or have someone, mostly your BIL) back and then give him whatever command you use to stay. Also if your BIL would ignore him, not touch or pet or look in his direction except to return him, that would be ideal. It isn’t easy to treat. Them. Agency’s usually start before 6months of age and continuously train them 24/7 for a min of 2 yrs. that’s why they make the receiver go to them and do training before allowing you to leave with them. It’s easy to back track training if it’s not a consistent thing.