• Contracted Fingers

Posted by Deleted User on July 1, 2019 at 2:58 pm

I have issues with my fingers staying straight.
    I do daily exercises with them and wear hand braces frequently. They’re still bothering me and two in particular swell and stiffen up a lot more than the others. Recommendations?

Deborah Poyser replied 4 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Matt Lafleur

July 1, 2019 at 4:58 pm

My best friend is a hand occupational therapist so he is always cautioning me about this. He recommends a clay to play with to strengthen your hands and tools that look like pliers that you have to use your stream to get the two ends together. Do either of these help?

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    July 2, 2019 at 2:17 pm

I have had occupational therapy and we have tried all types of things. Popsicle sticks and coban wrap to straighten out the two bad fingers for about an hour a day but they just go right back to the way they were.

• Egan

July 2, 2019 at 3:10 pm

My brother, worse off than me, suffers this too. He wears these flat hand swim paddles. Botox too.

• Deborah Poyser

July 3, 2019 at 1:43 pm

I’ve had this problem for some years. I hate it when someone goes to shake your hand and all you can offer them is a clenched fist! I sometimes use those Gripmaster things you can buy on Amazon. It does help but only temporarily. Egan, I’m interested in Botox as a remedy. Is it effective?