Friedreich’s Ataxia News Forums Forums Living With FA Being pregnant with FA

Tagged: , ,

• Being pregnant with FA

Posted by frankie-p on April 10, 2019 at 5:32 pm

As someone who aspires to be a mother in the future, I’m curious how it is being pregnant while having FA is. How were your symptoms? What did you enjoy most?Least?

Is there any advice you can give to all the future mothers out there?

beth-hanes replied 4 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies
  • beth-hanes

April 29, 2019 at 7:41 pm

I did not get diagnosed with FA until after I became a mother. I think the toll was taken on my body during pregnancy and it made me search out for reasons for some of my symptoms. As you know, everything is egg-saturated when you’re tired and just be prepared to have a loving and supportive team to help you! I only vaguely remember the hard moments of giving birth, because it is something you quickly forget when you lay your eyes on your baby! It’s the hardest, and most rewarding thing I’ve ever done! I would do it all over again if I could! My daughter has helped me to focus on what life’s about, and not about what life’s dealt me. She turns nine on Saturday, and with a cancer diagnosis less than three months after my diagnosis, Autism, and ADHD, it’s always something, but always something to love!! Children are a blessing for sure, NO MATTER WHAT!

• savannah-veazie

May 1, 2019 at 7:34 am

Im really curious to hear more about this as well. I’ve had the thought that I’ll want to have my babies naturally bc im semi terrified of an epidural, I just don’t even want to have the tiniest chance of my legs not waking up/it worsening my nerve damage🤷🏼‍♀️ I had a nerve block during a surgery two years ago and after that is when it seems like my FA symptoms really started “waking up” so part of me wonders if the nerve block did that (a little bit). Anyways just want to hear from FA mommas what their experience has been!